In this position, you will report to the Assistant Director of Social
Care and be responsible for providing leadership and management of clinical triage, complex case management, care planning, and development of post-acute strategies that enhance the patient centered medical
home. You will assume complete oversight of the daily operation of the Clinical Advisor LCSW Proactive
and Specialty team, work collaboratively with Nursing and Comprehensive
Care Coordinator leadership in Ambulatory care management,
and represent the department and UCLA Health System to internal and external customers including
patients and families, post-acute care network of providers, nursing, physicians and ancillary medical
personnel, administration, other hospitals, health plans
and other third-party payers.
In this role you will also assist the leadership team with systems, processes, and outcomes of
clinical care teams and programs designed to address
clinical, psychosocial, and financial needs of patients and families. Your goal will be to strive to integrate and
align inpatient, outpatient, and post-acute strategies to
meet the goals of the Quintuple Aim. Your scope of responsibility
includes personnel management of a
multidisciplinary team, regulatory compliance, and
collaboration across the organization and with the
outpatient and post-acute care network, safety and risk management, performance improvement, staff education, and
policy implementation. We are looking for a candidate who possesses outstanding
communication skills, broad clinical expertise, superior organization to
manage multiple tasks concurrently, and exemplary leadership and collaborative skills.
* MSW from an accredited institution
* Active LCSW in good standing in the State of California
* 3+ years of clinical lead or supervisory experience
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills to clearly communicate to a broad variety of audiences in person, virtually, and on the telephone
* Strong interpersonal skills with ability to work effectively with a diverse team of individuals in both, individual and group setting
* Ability to articulate clinical and non-clinical information to individuals of all levels of understanding
* Experience with various computer software and hardware including word-processing, knowledge of Microsoft word, excel, outlook, Electronic Health Record System, internet, cisco, finesse.
* Experience working in ambulatory care within a health system, clinic, and/or clinical community based organizations
* Superior analytical and problem solving skills
* Strong leadership skills and independent decision making ability
* Ability to set priorities independently and manage expectations
* Proven experience coaching, mentoring, and fostering professional development
* Skill in recognizing an effectively responding to emergency or high priority situations
* Ability to exercise diplomacy and flexibility in interacting with doctors, nurses, administrators, patients, community members, community health workers, and other personnel
* Understanding and proven experience in building, supporting, implementing, or championing social drivers of health programs
* Proven successful experience working with and supervising a diverse team of staff. For example, managers, clinicians, students, administrative support, and community lay health workers
* Demonstrated work within interdisciplinary teams
* Must carry a cellphone (issued by supervisor) during normal work hours and respond to urgent and emergency calls in a timely manner
* Must have strong problem solving skills.
* Ability to analyze problems and formulate plans, solutions and a course of action given changing circumstances.
* Ability to be flexible and work according to availability of team personnel, patients, and resources required to coordinate social care
* Excellent organizational and time management skills, including the ability to handle multiple conflicting priorities and/or assist relevant stakeholders manage expectations
* Advanced clinical social work knowledge and proven experience including relevant medical diagnoses, procedures, protocols, treatments, and terminology
* Experience using an Electronic Medical Record required. EPIC use preferred.
* Demonstrated case management experience and/or case management certification.
* Training and experience working with diverse patient populations including but not limited to those who experience homelessness, low SES, limited English proficiency, and others under-represented groups.
UCLA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
<img height=1 width=1 border=0 src=https://ucla.contacthr.com
To apply for this position, please copy and paste the following link into your browser address bar:
Employment/Position Type:Full Time
Share On :