Rutgers Biomedical and Health Sciences (RBHS)
Rutgers Biomedical and Health Sciences
New Jersey’s academic health center, Rutgers Biomedical and Health Sciences (RBHS) takes an integrated approach to educating students, providing clinical care, and conducting research, all with the goal of improving human health. Aligned with Rutgers University–New Brunswick and collaborating university wide, RBHS includes eight schools, a behavioral health network, and six centers and institutes that focus on cancer treatment and research, neuroscience, clinical and translational research, advanced biotechnology and medicine, environmental and occupational health, and health care policy and aging research.
Our faculty are teachers, clinicians, and scientists with unparalleled experience who advance medical innovation and provide patient care informed by the latest research findings. We offer an outstanding education in medicine, dentistry, pharmacy, public health, nursing, biomedical research, and the full spectrum of allied health careers.
Our clinical and academic facilities are located throughout the state including New Brunswick, Piscataway, Newark, Scotch Plains, Somerset, Blackwood, and other locations. Clinical partners include Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital in New Brunswick, University Hospital in Newark, and other affiliates.
Through this community of healers, scientists, and scholars, Rutgers is equipped as never before to transform lives.
Rutgers RBHS is an anchor institution that boasts locations in Newark, New Jersey, a city of promise.
Rutgers University Behavioral Health Care (UBHC) is dedicated to excellence in providing behavioral health services to the people of New Jersey. We are committed to being a leader in the delivery of effective, compassionate and accessible care that is informed by research and education. We are seeking a Program Coordinator to provide administrative supervision and clinical direction to the Adult Residential Program staff with 24/7 on-call availability.
- Manages the administrative organization of the program, such as, organization of case load assignment and coverage schedule.
- Responsible for curriculum development of training materials to assure residential staff competencies.
- Monitors service delivery and documentation compliance.
- Provides staff with clinical direction regarding interventions for consumers through individual and group supervision, team meetings, and case conferences.
- Evaluates staff performance and develops and monitors staff performance goals and objectives.
- Acts as a liaison with referral sources including state psychiatric hospitals and maintains positive working relationships.
- Represents the department in the community and speaks before groups on matters related to assignment.
- Provides direct care services and assumes case management responsibilities.
- Provides crisis intervention counseling/remediation.
- Maintains appropriate records as mandated by UBHC and regulatory requirements; monitors staff compliance.
- Maintains knowledge of trends and developments in the mental health field.
- Maintains required certification(s); meets all annual requirements and understands and adheres to Rutgers compliance standards.
Minimum Education and Experience
- Master’s Degree in appropriate mental health discipline, plus four (4) years of relevant mental health experience.
- License for independent clinical mental health practice, Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC), Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW) or a licensed psychologist, as required by discipline and New Jersey Division of Consumer Affairs.
- Applicants possessing a degree in Social Work must have an active New Jersey certification/licensure as required by the State Board of Social Work
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to meet the constant attention to multiple programmatic needs
- Previous supervisory and residential/supportive housing experience.
- Licensed Clinical Alcohol and Drug Counselor (LCADC) license.
- Experience with Electronic Medical Records (EMR).
- Must be able to travel to meetings and programs at off-site locations.
- Must be available 24/7 on-call and provide weekend availability.
- Valid driver’s license.
Please apply to this position at: https://jobs.rutgers.edu/postings/87842
EOEJOB REQUIREMENTS: <img height=1 width=1 border=0 src=https://umdnj.contacthr.com/68520489.jpg /> To apply for this position, please copy and paste the following link into your browser address bar: https://umdnj.contacthr.com/68520489
Preferred Years Of Experience:4 Year(s)
Education Required:Masters Degree - MA
Employment/Position Type:Full Time
Share On :